PCA Services← Previous Next →
Pride ‘N’ Living Home Care’s Personal care assistant service (PCA) provide routine health and personal care support and assistance with activities of daily living to patients with physical impairments or disabilities in private homes, nursing care facilities, and other residential settings.
Our Personal care assistants help clients with mobility restrictions to get out of bed, bathe, dress, and groom. They also provide some basic health-related services, such as checking the patient’s pulse rate, temperature, and respiration rate; helping with simple prescribed exercises; and assisting with medications administration. Our PCA’s are skilled communicators and may advise families and patients on nutrition, cleanliness, and may also provide light housekeeping and homemaking tasks.
Our PCA’s work exclusively with one client at a time, or have a number of various clients with long-term care needs, while others may primarily help discharge hospital patients who have relatively short-term needs.
- • Medication reminders
- • Assistance with exercise programs
• Light housekeeping, laundry, and ironing
• Grocery shopping and running errands
- • Mail and bill pay assistance
- • Meal preparation and feeding
• Escorting to social or recreational activities or appointments
• Engaging in leisure activities
• Incidental transportation
• Monitoring health and coordinating care needs
• Conducting fall risk screens
• Arranging for safety devices and equipment
• Helping patients comply with medication regimens
- Personal hygiene and dressing assistance